WHAT TO DO FOR A STALL
Everyone stalls. Everyone. It might be a day, it might be several days. When you stall, don't panic. It might just be your body adjusting to the next stage of your weight loss. Lots of folks panic if they don't lose a pound a day. Don't worry. The average loss is around .5 pounds per day, and for many it is less. Just remember, there is nowhere else you can lose 3-7 pounds a week and KEEP IT OFF!! No matter what you do, your body will weight loss at its own pace. So your best recourse is to relax, stick to the protocol, and keep measuring! It is called Pounds and *Inches*!
When you stall, here are some things you can look at:
- Your body might have decided that your current weight is your 'normal' weight and Simeons tells us in 'Pounds & Inches' that you cannot reduce below that weight using PERFECTLY PURE. Though you may really want to lose those extra 10 pounds, if your hypothalamus has decided otherwise, the PERFECTLY PURE will stop working and you will start to have real hunger (like chew your arm off hunger), because it will no longer be able to get the extra calories that stave off the hunger from 'abnormal fat stores' when they no longer exist! If that is the case, Simeons advises that you increase calories to 800 for the rest of the Protocol, but if you are near the end of your round, I recommend you finish your course according to Phase 2 instructions here and start Phase 3 at your current weight.
- You may also want to take measurements and compare to those you took before the Protocol to find that you have lost inches, even though the scale hasn't budged!
- You may have reached a stage where the reduction begins to happen only every other day or two. This is typical after the first week or so and no cause for alarm
- You may not be drinking enough water. It is *required* that you drink at least 2 liters of water daily. 3 liters is even better.
- You can do an 'apple day'. Eat nothing but up to 6 apples for one day, and only as much water as you feel you need (some only eat the apples and don't want any more water). This will release water weight, and show a loss most times. It is a purely psychological thing, but it helps many people feel better and 'break' their stall.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep is *essential* to proper weight loss under this program. If you're not getting enough sleep, your body will retain weight because it isn't properly rested.
- You may be consuming more than 500 calories daily. This is why I recommend using the Fit Day Program to calculate your daily consumption.